AISSR Educational Committee
The AISSR Educational Committee PhD has the task of assuring the quality of teaching and of the teaching process of the AISSR-GSSS PhD educational programme.
The Committee will meet twice a year to:
- Advise on the curriculum
- Advise on the regulations of the AISSR-GSSS Training Programme
- Discuss the results of the student evaluations
- Discuss proposals for Short Intensive Courses (SIC’s)
- Discuss other education related issues (based on remarks/complaints from students, teachers, supervisors, PhD Sounding Board etc.)
- Prepare an advisory or discussion note for the annual meeting of the AISSR Scientific Educational Board (Programme Council plus GSSS Director)
The committee is composed of the AISSR Scientific Director (Brian Burgoon), the GSSS Scientific Director (Annette Freyberg-Inan), two senior academic staff (Hebe Verrest and Beate Volker), 1 PhD representative (Jordi Halfman) and the senior educational policy officer (Karen Kraal).