Dr J.Y. (Julian) Gruin
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Programme group: Political Economy and Transnational Governance
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166 Room number: B8.07
1001 NB Amsterdam
Julian Gruin is an assistant professor (UD) of transnational governance at the University of Amsterdam. A political economist, his research concentrates on global financial governance, Chinese political economy, and the evolving nature of power in the global economy.
For further details of his current projects, publications, and teaching, please refer to his website http://www.juliangruin.com.
- Gruin, J. Y. (2017). China, the RMB, and US Decline in an era of authoritarian capitalism. In J. Parisot, & S. Regilme (Eds.), Global Cooperation or Conflict? : The Rise of Emerging Powers and the Post-American World Order (Global Cooperation Series). Routledge.
- Gruin, J. Y., & McNally, C. (2017). Novel Pathways to Power? Contestation and Adaptation in China's Internationalisation of the RMB. Review of International Political Economy, 24(4), 599-628.
- Gruin, J. (2015). Contesting the Liberal Imaginary? China's Role in the International Monetary System. In L. Toohey, C. B. Picker, & J. Greenacre (Eds.), China in the International Economic Order: New Directions and Changing Paradigms. (pp. 189-210). New York: Cambridge University Press. [details]
- Gruin, J. Y. (2014). Asset or Liability? The Role of the Financial System in the Political Economy of China's Rebalancing. Journal of Current Chinese Affairs, 42(4), 73-104.
- Gruin, J. Y. (2011). ‘Freedom’ Through Repression: Epistemic Closure in Agricultural Trade Negotiations. Review of International Studies, 37(5), 2465-2490. DOI: 10.1017/S026021051000152X
- Gruin, Julian (reviewer) (2016-): Routledge (Publisher).
- Gruin, Julian (reviewer) (2016-): New Political Economy (Journal).
- Gruin, Julian (reviewer) (2016-): Pacific Affairs (Journal).
- Gruin, Julian (reviewer) (2016-): Canadian Journal of Development Studies (Journal).
- Gruin, Julian (reviewer) (2016-): The Pacific Review (Journal).
- Gruin, Julian (reviewer) (2015-): Review of International Political Economy (Journal).
- Gruin, Julian (reviewer) (2015-): Review of International Studies (Journal).
- No ancillary activities