Mr E. (Eelco) Harteveld MSc
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Programme group: Challenges to Democratic Representation
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
1001 NB Amsterdam
Eelco Harteveld is a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Department of Political Science of the University of Amsterdam. His research focuses on political behaviour, public opinion, and the populist radical right.
Eelco obtained his PhD at the UvA in cooperation with the University of Gothenburg (Sweden). His PhD thesis (available here) examines the overrepresentation of men among the electorates of populist radical right parties from the point of view of various models of voting behavior. His MA thesis on patterns of trust in the European Union was nominated for the 2012 Thesis Award of the Dutch-Flemish Political Science Association. Previously, he worked as an intern at the Netherlands Institute for Social Science Research (SCP). Eelco has published in (among others) European Union Politics, the British Journal of Political Science, Electoral Studies, and European Sociological Review.
See "Downloads" for a full cv
- Harteveld, E. (2016). Winning the ‘losers’ but losing the ‘winners’? The electoral consequences of the radical right moving to the economic left. Electoral Studies, 44, 225-234. [details]
- Dahlberg, S., & Harteveld, E. (2016). Left–right ideology as an inferential device in multiparty systems: Can citizens overcome low information by imputing parties' policy positions? Electoral Studies, 42, 175-187. DOI: 10.1016/j.electstud.2016.02.016 [details]
- Harteveld, E., van der Brug, W., Dahlberg, S., & Kokkonen, A. (2015). The gender gap in populist radical-right voting: examining the demand side in Western and Eastern Europe. Patterns of Prejudice, 49(1-2), 103-134. DOI: 10.1080/0031322X.2015.1024399 [details]
- Kokkonen, A., Dahlberg, S., Harteveld, E., & van der Brug, W. (2015). Group gender composition and tolerance of immigrants' rights. European Sociological Review, 31(1), 65-76. DOI: 10.1093/esr/jcu082 [details]
- Harteveld, E., & Miltenburg, E. M. (2012). Door meten tot weten. In P. Schnabel (Ed.), Niet alle dagen feest: SPC-nieuwjaarsuitgave 2012. (pp. 123-131). Den Haag: Sociaal en Cultureel Planbureau.
- Harteveld, E. (2016). Daring to vote right: Why men are more likely than women to vote for the radical right [details]
- No ancillary activities