drs. E.F. (Elmar) Jansen
Faculty of Science
Inst.voor Interdisciplinaire Studies
Roetersstraat 11 Room number: E6.05
1090 GE Amsterdam
Elmar Jansen (1981) studied Political Science at the University of Amsterdam. His master thesis focused on the relation between xenophobic attitudes and uniformity and progressiveness of the indigenous culture. For this master thesis he was rewarded by the Dutch Political Science Association (NKWP) with the Daniël Heinsiusprijs 2008, the annual prize for best Masters thesis in political science completed in the previous year. Before joining the ASSR in 2009, he has been teaching as work group instructor in introductory courses on political science and methodological courses in both political science and communication research.
His PhD project is concerned with the relationship between liberal and progressive values on the one hand and the media debate, party positions and individual attitudes regarding migration and migrants in Western-European countries on the other.
Nation Identifier Database
Here I'm sharing the "nation identifier" datafile that I've
compiled for myself. This SPSS file can be useful for those who
want to merge data from different national-level data sources.
It merely consists of 24 variables for 288 countries containing
several different styles for country-names, numeric identifiers
and character identifiers, which allows users to merge
differently coded national data sets. The following identifiers
1. Full Name
2. Short Label
3. ISO (3166-1) Short Name
4. ISO (3166-1) 2-character code
5. ISO (3166-1) 3-character code
6. ISO (3166-1) Country Number
7. World Bank 3 character code
8. UN nation code
9. Democracy Data (Pippa Norris) Nation Number
10. CWS (Comparative Welfare States Dataset)
11. ESS (European Social Survey) cntry Variable
12. WVS (World Values Survey) x001 (Country) variable
13. ISSP (International Social Survey Program) nation number
14. EB (Eurobarometer) nation number
- Jansen, E. F. (2012). Immigration and traditionalism in the European political space. In APSA Annual Meeting 2012
- van der Pas, D. J., & Jansen, E. F. (2011). The dimensionality of voting behaviour in two European parliaments. In ECPR General Conference Reykjavik
- Jansen, E. F. (2011). Waar zwijgen politici over? De Groene Amsterdammer.
- van Gent, W. P. C., Jansen, E. F., & Smits, J. H. F. (2012). Right-wing Radical Populist Party Support in and around the City: an Urban Electoral Geography of PVV voting during the 2010 Dutch Parliamentary Elections. 263-264. Abstract from Urban Affairs Association 42nd Annual Meeting, .
- van der Pas, D. J., Jansen, E. F., & van der Brug, W. (2012). Adapting to context: West-European party positions in different domains.
Fractieondersteuning Stadsdeelfractie Centrum (vrijwilligersfunctie)