The UvA will be co-supervising the following:
- PhD POSITION IN INTERNATIONAL & EUROPEAN LAW: Law and practice of the rule of law within the European Union
- PhD POSITION IN POLITICAL SCIENCE & EUROPEAN STUDIES: The politics of the untidy right: illiberal democracy as a contagious concept
- PhD POSITION IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS & EUROPEAN STUDIES: Contesting national sovereignty? Transnational civil society activism and EU external action against deforestation
- PhD POSITION IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS & EUROPEAN STUDIES: Contesting European border regimes: challenging and remaking EU migration governance
As part of their applications, prospective PhD candidates need to submit:
- A personal profile form (incl. CV overview)
- A scientific profile form (incl. ESR’s expression of interest, statement of motivation and personal interpretation of the research project)
- A full academic CV
- An academic record with scan of the degree qualifications
- A proof of language proficiency Two academic recommendation letters
About the positions
- GEM-DIAMOND is coordinated by the Institut d’études européennes (IEE) and the project sets-out to assess the EU’s capacity to act given the challenges facing Democratic Institutions, the rise of Alternative MOdels, and mounting Normative Dissensus (DIAMOND).
- All positions offer fixed-term 36 months-long full-time contracts. Double Doctoral Degree provisions and a mobility schedule are set-up for each position.
- All fellows are expected to have arrived at their hiring institution and started their contract at the latest by October the 31st, 2022.
- Please check here for details of the GEM DIAMOND Call for Applications.
Deadline for applications is 3rd July, 17.00CET. Candidates are asked to apply through the online system which can be found via the following link: https://gem-diamond.eu/positions